DO YOU WANT READERS' ATTENTION?I'd love to help you get it.
If you’ve published a book on Amazon, you know that there is one thing more precious than gold — the right reader’s attention. You also know, that it’s hard to get readers to notice you. Need some help? Well, hey there. 🙂 My name’s Sylvia Frost, and my team and I make book covers designed to appeal to your ideal reader.
First, a little bit about me.
When I was eleven, I wanted to be an author. I remember going to the library and reading a book on publishing. I don’t remember much from the book itself, except that it told me that almost no one gets to see their stories in print. To be an author, the book said, was to accept a life of constant rejection and poverty.
Even at eleven I read that and thought, ‘Yeah. No thanks.’
Thankfully, with the advent of KDP, getting published is as easy as pushing a button. But getting readers? Well, that’s another story.
If you’re reading this, and you’re like my typical client, you are well aware of how hard it can be to be a successful indie author. You know all the pitfalls, because you’ve probably clawed your way out of a few pits. You’ve earned your battle-scars, dealing with one-star reviews, Amazon’s antics, writer’s block and marketing mishaps. You’re a pro, or you’re ready to jump the line and start publishing like one.
Since 2014, I’ve helped hundreds of authors writing in every genre make their publishing dreams real. I’m focused on results. Authors that work with me are usually full-time or on their way to being full-time and understand the importance of hitting genre expectations.
Currently, I am only taking on new clients for after June 2021, but our junior designers have available openings, and as we continue to grow our team, I expect that we’ll be able to serve more and more authors. I also run seasonal premade sales, where I’ve sell hundreds of affordably priced designs. (There are still a few left here.)
If you’d like to connect with my further, I also maintain an active Facebook group where authors can see my latest designs and connect with other high-performing authors like you. Whether you want to get motivated or just take the edge off, the Book Brander Boutique is a great place to hang.
Publishing can be hard. I strive to make being an author easy. Well — easier. 😉
I also love a good seal meme.
I often get variants of a question: how did you make it? How did you manage to get to a level where you can be a full-time author?
There are different answers to that question. One is that I write fast, I improve every year, I have a defined voice and I write what my readers want to read. But there’s another one. That’s actually the one without which I wouldn’t be where I am today.
Early 2016, an author who wrote in my genre reached out to me. She said that my books were fun and engaging. But she told me something else: “however I think you’re losing readers because your covers aren’t that great.” She was right. I made them myself and they were horrible.
But the next time I entered a bookshop, I looked at the covers and realized how right she was. So I did what I could. I rebranded that next month.
About a week after the rebrand, I applied to bookbub and was accepted for a free feature on Cinderella. Over 30000 people got book one that week, and a good % of them read the rest, so I went from nothing to five figures.
So yeah, (how to be successful) there’s different answers to the question. But the one that matters? I write good stuff and I use covers that make the readers in the genre want to read them <3
The person who told me that? Sylvia Frost. Three years later, I still go to her for cover advice, and I work with her on several projects because she is one of the best at branding.
- Behold, beautiful design on a budget! My premade covers are of the exact same quality as my custom work, and each cover is sold only once. These are not templates. Get ‘em while they’re hot, because they sell out in seconds.
- One ebook cover unlike any other.
- Cover as seen on site.
- Type changed to fit your title.
- Photos sourced from Shutterstock.com and composited into something unique.
- Genre targeted, professional typography.
- Whether you’ve got big dreams or a big backlist, writing in series is the way to win. When I work on a series, I create consistent branding for your books.
- One ebook cover designed to target your ideal reader with laser focus.
- One finalized initial mockup with the option of a second if the first one doesn’t hit the mark.
- Three rounds of revision.
- Unlimited free stock sourced from Shutterstock.com and other boutique providers composited into something unique.
- Genre targeted, professional typography.
- Initial concepts arrive within 7-14 days.
Extras & FAQ
I need an audiobook/paperback/social media graphic/t-shirt with my face on it, how much will that cost?
- Author Branding — $250
- Typography Only Covers $129 (If you already have an image and just need me to add type.)
- Audiobooks $50
- Facebook & Twitter Banner $75
- Facebook Ads 5 for $150 (Comes with text, without text, and editable PSDs so you can easily switch out text!)
- PSD Files $50 per cover (Perfect for those that want to make their own paperbacks and marketing graphics.)
- Paperbacks $50
- Box Set Flat Covers $75
- Box Set 3-D Mockups $60
As for the T-Shirt with your face on it and anything else not on this list, please contact me, and I’ll work out pricing based on my rate of $75/hour.
How far in advanced are you booked?
We’re currently booked out until June 2021 for Sylvia. However, our junior designers have current availability.
That said, we do have a waitlist, and take new clients from that waitlist all the time whenever there are cancellations.
To get on the waitlist please email: email@example.com.
What are your payment/refund/cancellation policies?
In order to reserve your spot, I require a 10% downpayment. Upon the start of the project the next 50% is due, and the rest of the payment is due upon completion of the project. If you decide not to work with me for whatever reason before I begin work, I will refund the deposit. Once work is begun no refunds will be given, unless I decide to cancel the project.